Friday 11 April 2008

Last Post...

I don't think, when I started all of this, that I ever dreamt how lucky I would be. I thought it would be just me, plodding along, doing my own little thing. I didn't realise that a by product of it all would be my realisation of how incredibly fortunate I am in my life. I have had such amazing support from my friends, from acquaintances and even from complete strangers. I don't know if I can ever thank you all adequately for the encouragement you have given me. Thank you so, so much.

The last couple of days have been wonderful. My lovely Man has been massively supportive throughout - cooking, cleaning, providing steady shoulders to cry on, making me laugh at myself when I got too serious. I knew he was the perfect man, but these last few months have proved it even more. I love him soooo much!! My friends Sarah and Zoe have been absolutely steadfast coming out in all manner of weather to run with me - they've asked me how I'm doing and told me I'm wonderful ( madwomen !! ) When I went along to Book Club this week Sarah had baked me a yummy cake and her daughter had made this gorgeous card ( see above ) to go on the top ( complete with newspaper cutting on the back !) Today she and Zoe gave me a bag of goodies - champagne, pampering scrub and jelly babies !! My friend Debs met me at school today with a bag of Radox Muscle soak, Belgian chocs and lucozade sweets - a whole after marathon kit !! And all that despite having her own problems and worries to deal with.

My class today presented me with a magnificent card that they had all made in secret. Each child had drawn a picture of themself in full running kit - ready to run alongside me - and written their message of support. I have had texts, phonecalls, cards - all wishing me well.

As I write this I feel pretty emotional thinking of the love and encouragement that so many people have shown me.As I run on Sunday I am going to follow the advice that someone gave to me:

Each mile will be run for a person I know. As I plod along I won't be alone because you will be there with me, by my shoulder, in my heart. Special people who have helped me reach this day. I hope I don't let you down.

3 comments:

Sue said...

GOOD LUCK SARAH!

I'll be thinking of you and looking out for your number on the TV - do something silly won't you to draw attention!!! ;-)

BaddApple said...

You can do it. Just run! Just run. Enjoy the journey.

Sue said...

Hey, how did you get on? Can't wait to hear all about it!

I watched most of it on TV (didn't see you!) and wished I was there, :-(