Tuesday 9 October 2007

3rd Time Lucky ?

I am now on Nike+Ipod number 3. I went back to JD Sports and they exchanged Number 2 for another one. That was too late for my run yesterday, but I will calibrate it tomorrow and hopefully that will be me for the next 1000 hours.

Although I still felt somewhat fragile yesterday I went out for my run. It was 25 minutes and although it was hard ( especially as I made myself run a hilly route ) I actually felt much better by the time I had finished. Amazing !

There are only 2 weeks, no, 1 and 1/2 weeks until my 10k. I have followed my " getting back into running" training plan religiously, but I am not sure whether I am completely ready to run 10k as I would have liked. Maybe another week ? Still it has to be done and I am sure it will be fine.

Good news today on the charity front. I am a supporter of Breakthrough Breast Cancer and I really wanted to run for them in the Marathon. I e-mailed them the other day and I got a really nice e-mail back saying that they would love to have me in their team. Yippee!! I haven't set up my fundraising page yet, but I think that around Christmas time I will. I am so chuffed to be part of their team. Its such a great charity.

I wonder how much I can make for them ? I thought maybe I could hold some sort of fundraising something. I'll have to think about that.

No comments: