Friday 4 January 2008

I love this...

Its days like today when I remember why I started running. I went out just now in the cold and drizzle and plodded along listening to my music. It was a 3 mile comfortable pace run so that's what I did. And what a gorgeous feeling!! Just in my own little world, with not a worry, safe in the knowledge that I could plod away looking at the scenery, smelling the damp mud of the path and saying hello to anyone I passed !!

I love how friendly people are when you're running. Little old ladies smile at me and say " Keep going, you're doing well !!" Other runners wave as they pass. I don't care that I get people's sympathy vote - all I care about is being out and being able to run. To feel your muscles working and your heart and lungs doing what they're supposed to is wonderful.

I love getting home and stretching outside, then coming into the house to smell rich casserole that I put in before I left. I am going to love, in a minute, my hot shower with all the lovely smelly goodies I got for Christmas. And I am going to love a cup of tea on the sofa and an evening with my Man and my boys.

I am a lucky, lucky woman.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Good to see you're feeling better and upbeat!