Sunday 13 January 2008

Oooooh, that hurts!!

Well, at last, I went out and ran my first 10 miler today. Oh, my God, that was hard. I ran for 5 miles then walked whilst I had some of my Lucozade Sport. Then off I went again. I did run most of it, which is good, but my blinking socks were uncomfortable and I had to stop about 3 or 4 times to adjust them. They made my toes hurt.

I ran the extra 0.3 just to make sure I had really done 10 miles and running the last bit I felt ok. My legs were strong. I just think today was one of those hard days. Its funny how you can set off and feel good, then at 1 1/2 miles feel bad, then ok for a while, then bad at 6 miles, good at 7 to 8 miles and great running the last 400 metres !!

This is a real psychological hurdle for me. The fact that I have run 10 miles is one I can tick off. The 7 miler next week looks like a stroll from here !!

1 comment:

Sue said...

10 miles! That's great. Like you say, anything shorter will seem like a walk in the park! Keep up the good work ;-)