Wednesday 16 January 2008

Well, at least its done...

I couldn't run before today this week so its felt very odd. I've been reading all my Realbuzz friends going out and doing their 3 & 5 miles and I'm only on my 3. I didn't fancy going out today, even though I was missing running. My calves felt like they were growing muscle at a rate of knots and were quite tight.

Still, I went out and it was ok. A steady 3 miles. I think the 10 miles was pretty hard on the old bod at the weekend. But I am looking forward to tomorrow and 5 miles so that's a good sign. I suppose that's why this week is a recovery week, duuuhhhh!! To recover from the long miles last week. Then I'll be leaping about and keen for next week!!

Yes.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Sarah

The training day is just about training ie what to eat during training, on the day, what to expect, what to wear and so on... I'm pretty sure there's no running involved and its aimed at people like us who haven't run a marathon before so there's no need to feel you're not up to it.

I was on RealBuzz earlier and a runner there was worried because his longest distance at the moment was 7 miles. The answer came back that if he increases his long weekend run by 1 mile every week he will be more than ready for the Marathon. That makes it sound quite reasonable, don't you think?

Let me know if you change your mind about the training day, it would be nice to have a bit of company :-)

Sue said...

Hi,

This is the link.

http://www.london-marathon.co.uk/trainingdays/

Have a good day!

Sue