Sunday 11 January 2009

A family run in the woods.


We decided to go running as a family today - my Man, my 2 boys and I. There are woods 2 minutes away from our house, at the end of our road, so we all put on our layers of warm clothes, our hats and gloves and off we went.


Despite at first suffering from the throes of pre-teenage " I can't do this! I'm a rubbish runner ! " we all settled down to a lovely run - just following our noses through the mud and leaves. We took turns to be the leader, which proved to be quite a good idea.


In the end we all ran just over 3 miles according to the Garmin. The Nike Ipod + thingy wasn't quite as accurate, but I took it along so it would download the proof that I ran onto this site ! All in all it was very enjoyable, and we met some friends out walking their dog, so stopped for a chat. It wasn't fast by any means, but I do love the woods and I am sure the hills did us all good !

1 comment:

Gail said...

I love your woods!