Sunday 1 March 2009

5k Race for British Heart Foundation.


photos of runners coming in behind me ( yes, there were some!!)

I had signed up to run 10k today , but my training has taken longer than planned and I am not fit enough to run that far comfortably. I could probably do it if my life depended on it, but it didn't today so I opted for the 5k.


The race was around the park of a stately home, to raise money for Heart Disease... or rather to prevent heart disease.It was very hilly... probably not in the sense that fell runners would understand hilly, but certainly in the sense that quite unfit housewives understand the word!! So I walked the uphill bits and ran the flat and downhill bits. I even found myself overtaking on the downhill, due to my loping stride, making full use of gravity!


My running career has now reached the stage where I take a camera with me when I go out and today was no different. I was glad I had as there were herds of deer along the way that I snapped. All in all a very pleasant way to spend 38 minutes. My Nike+Ipod thingy says it took me longer, but that would be because I forgot to turn it off when I crossed the finish line!!


I now am the proud owner of another t-shirt... this time bright red... and a medal. Hurrah!!!

3 comments:

Gail said...

Congratulations!!!

Gail said...

I apologize if I was out of line on my blog. Can't keep my nose out of other people's business.

Unknown said...

Gail!!! You are lovely and absolutely NOT out of line. I appreciate your support with my running. Thank you! S