Sunday 3 May 2009

A busy day...

I woke up this morning really fancying a run.This does not happen much at the moment so I took advantage and was out the door quicker than you could say Jack Flash!! I ran 1.27 miles and felt ok. My back was absolutely fine, not even a twinge, and my achilles were ok. I have found a good stretch for them so I am hoping that it will sort them out.


The main thing is that I have run twice this week as well as playing an hour of tennis and this afternoon I am playing football for an hour and a bit. Its all good for the system!!


If you are out there thinking that you would like to run or do some sport, but can't or don't feel you are good enough, then don't worry.You just need to get out there, a bit at a time and feel glad that you are doing something. Its about enjoying yourself and also preparing your body for the rest of your life. I don't want to wake up one morning at the age of 60 and think " Oh no!! I can't actually do any sport and my belly is hanging by my knees!!!"


So.... go for a walk today and get started.Sermon over!!

No comments: