Sunday 1 August 2010

Think like a whippet... run like an elephant.

So... its about 6 weeks since I last posted and last ran.The reason I stopped running was:

a) I went out with 10 year old son & hurt knee while running 3 miles.... sad.
b) I missed race I was due to run in because of other son's activities & knee.

I decided that it was time to run again and went out this morning.I got about a mile away and my knee started to hurt again.I don't think its my knee particularly - more to do with my right quad that tightens and then affects my knee. I had a similar problem when doing the Marathon.

However... it made me have to stop running and walk the rest of the way home. Bugger! Bugger! Bugger!!

When you are young you think that an injury is actually caused by something specific, but as you get older you realise that injuries just sometimes occur because your body is getting on a bit...So... what to do? I cannot possibly give up on exercise.Neither my mental nor physical health will allow that. So I will just have to walk. That will hopefully firm up my muscles and maybe I will be able to run later.

I also plan on cycling when and where I can.My holiday is coming up and there are 3 pools and the sea at the hotel so I will swim a lot each day.I am determined to stay fit/ get much fitter. Its also the only way I can stay reasonably slim.Plus... I need exercise to stop me going nuts!!

Right... this is another new start.New look for the blog. New plan for my exercise.I am just absolutely determined not to turn into a couch potato.xx

No comments: