Thursday 2 April 2009

Man on... on yer 'ed, son....pass the jolly old ball, old girl...

sturdy legs and ponytails...

I have stood on countless touchlines in my time and watched thousands of man hours of football.I could tell you the offside rule and talk you through a step over.I have washed stinky football kit and cleaned muddy football boots. I have cheered when my men won their matches and consoled when they lost. But I have never dreamed of actually playing football myself....until now.


I cannot quite believe it, but I have succumbed to the call of the beautiful game and the invitation of a local ladies team, and I will be playing this Sunday!! I would imagine that I will be rather girly, afraid of the ball and probably pretty rubbish - but you never know... I will borrow my husband's shin pads and football socks and put on some sort of trouser that will prevent astro turf burns. I refuse point blank to wear anything that resembles the shiny sweaty nylonness of a proper football shirt.

women's football in the olden days!

If you can't beat 'em join 'em...
So. Watch this space for my first match report. Sunday... Secret Housewife plays footie...

No comments: