Sunday 25 April 2010

Running again - beginning from scratch.


It is an awfully long time since I wrote anything on here... and the reason for that is mainly because the old running palaver went down the tubes due to various problems like achilles tendon nonsense.Achilles soreness takes a long long time to heal.

Luckily... and I mean luckily, I am back and running!! Since Christmas I have lost quite a bit of weight - about 12 pounds and I am trying to lose more. That has made a big difference to my ability to run. Also my achilles are much better.

So, now I am running 3 times a week -  a distance each time of 1.85 miles. Each time I go out I try to run a little bit further on my route. To start with I was stopping to walk for a minute about 7 or 8 times a session then continuing running. The last time I went out I ran with only 3 stops to walk. My time has gone down from 25 minutes to 21 minutes 35 seconds!

For the first time in a couple of years I am really enjoying my running and am happy as I run. I aim to be able to run my whole circuit and then I will start to make it longer.I am going to sign up for a 5k race in June and a 10k race in September.I have been running for a month now and am back into a routine. If I miss a run I am unhappy!

If I can maintain this I will be so chuffed!!

1 comment:

Gail said...

And she's back! Wonderful. I wish I had your tenancity. The only place I run is to the kitchen.

Your weight loss is great, I wish I had your will power.

Great news and keep on running.